Fast, powerful Honda Civic Type R on sale now
Explore the Honda Civic Type R's Heart-Racing Heritage in San Bruno CA
Introducing the all-new 2017 Honda Civic Type R, the ultimate performance variant of America's best-selling car^ and the first-ever Type R model sold in the U.S.
The Civic Type R is the fastest, most powerful Honda ever, featuring a new 2.0-liter DOHC direct-injected and turbocharged i-VTEC engine with 306 horsepower through a short throw 6-speed manual transmission.
From +R to Sport and Comfort, there's driving mode for every mood. The Civic Type R can retune suspension, adjust throttle response and change steering settings to optimize every experience behind the wheel.
Race Bred Technology
The Civic Type R is packed with cutting-edge race-bred technology offerings designed with performance driving in mind, including a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen Display Audio interface with Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration.
Also included are the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System, HondaLink, a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, and many more audio and connectivity choices.
Designed for Dominance
From the aggressive lines and sleek angles to the exclusive Championship White paint, the Civic Type R has several race-inspired design features, including the iconic red H badge, aggressive front bumper, and striking rear wing.
On the interior, you'll find lightweight red and black bucket front seats, race-inspired sport pedals, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel all adding to the track-readiness only the Type R can offer.
Watch the below video to hear from the team that brought the iconic Type R to the U.S.
Type R Race Inspired Body and Chassis Features:
- 20" Alloy wheels with Maximum Performance Summer tires
- Brembo 4-Piston front brake calipers
- Adaptive Damper System (ADS)
- 3-Mode Drive System
- Full Aerodynamic body kit with rear wing spoiler
- Center-mounted Triple Outlet Sport exhaust
- High-Bolstered Sport Seats
- Programmable Driver Information Interface (DII) with G-meter, Lap Time, Rev Indicator, Turbo Boost and Throttle gauges
Other Standard Type R Features:
- Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers
- Display Audio Navigation with Apple Carplay and Android Auto Integration
- LED headlights and fog lights
- Push-Button Start with Smart Entry System
Get behind the wheel of the 2017 Honda Civic Type R
^Based on Urban Science retail data for all vehicles in the industry for 2016CY and 2017CYTD April